Thursday, May 3, 2012

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack

Well - after a long (unintentional) break from blogging, I'm back. And what better reason to start blogging again than the baptism of your baby. This past weekend we drove to Abilene to have Conley baptized.

Why Abilene you ask? Well my good friend Danny Anderson, who baptized the older boys, is a pastor in a church in Midland now. And the proud papa of three month old Ava. I thought it would be too much to ask him to come down here SO we drove to Abilene where Nana & Papa and Sissy & Ruppert live.  Abilene is only 2 hours from Midland, so not a far drive for the Andersons.  And my aunt has the most beautiful backyard that made for a gorgeous back drop to the baptism.  Its truly an oasis in the desert. 

Normally Abilene is crazy windy, but God gave us a gift of calm winds and weather in the 50s.  Yep - in the 50s in late April!  After the baptism Sissy and Ruppert hosted a brunch with yummy food and mimosas. Everyone sat outside visiting all afternoon - seriously until 5:00 that evening when we started dinner and ate IT outside too! 







Conley in the same gown that Carter and Cole wore.  The slip underneath has their names and baptism dates embroidered on it. 

Here is Carter at 6.5 months in the baptism gown.

And here is Cole at 10.5 months in the gown.

Attempt at a family photo.  Cole is now at the stage were he won't look at the camera and if he does, he squints and says cheese.  Hey, at least we are all well groomed, dressed and in the frame.
Danny baptizing Conley.  The big boys were so intrigued as to what was going on. 
When Danny was praying, Cole was repeating ever word Danny was saying (like he does at school during prayer time at chapel).  He was whispering it though, it was so sweet.  Ruppert got a video and I'll see if you can hear Cole on it when he mails a copy.  I'm thankful his video camera was working, I unpacked mine only to realize the battery was dead and I brought the wrong charger.
The boys were hanging on every word Danny was saying. 
Conley was a good guest of honor.  As usual - all smiles. 
Mommy and Conley.  Yes I have clothes on, it's just strapless :) 
Danny and his daughter Ava.  She is a sweet little girl.  Just as chill as Conley was. 

Sarah asked me to get one of her and Ava together.  But Carter insisted he needed to be in the picture too.  Everytime I'd get a good shot of Ava AND Sarah smiling, Carter would butt in.  Turkey.
But I did get one of Ava smiling withOUT Carter in it, even if it wasn't at the camera.

Cole and Daddy messing around.  It was a lovely day.  Couldn't have asked for better weather. 


The goodies inside
Nana, Papa and Conley.
I finally got a picture of Grandma and Conley together.  She's normally behind the camera like me!
Attempt number two at a family picture.  See what I mean about Cole. 
Ruppert got out his tripod and got a group photo.  I thought I'd hold Cole so I could force him to look at the camera.  So I gave Conley to Danny.  Then Carter decided he too needed to be held. 
Playing ball in the soft grass.

Just chillin' with his Batman shades.

It was a fast but wonderful weekend.  We missed the rest of the family that couldn't join us in Abilene.  But thanks for your thoughts and prayers.  We were able to FaceTime with Matthew and Allison during the ceremony so they could "attend" as godparents.  Gotta love technology!

Okay, so that wasn't so bad.  It took me a couple days to get this one post done, AND update the design.  I still had Christmas ornaments on it. I do stay a little busy with three kids you know.  But I will be much better about blogging again. I might even go back and catch you up on the last 6 months.  Well, maybe ...

No comments: